How can you tell if a website is trustworthy?
Look for clues to help you decide if it is a reliable source
1. Which ending in a web address tells you that it is for a business?
2. What does .org stand for?
3. In a story about teeth, the best expert would be a:
4. What does plagiarism mean?
To promote someone's words
To steal someone's words
To source someone's words
To invent someone's words
5. Where will you typically find information about a website's authors?
On the home page
On the about us page
On the news page
On the table of contents page
6. Which clue suggests that a website might be trustworthy?
It asks you for personal information
It asks you to buy something
It provides you with sources for its information
It uses personal stories presented as facts
7. Which clue suggests that a website might be trustworthy?
It comes up first in a Google search
It has a recent date on its home page
It has a lot of games and videos on the topic
Your friends tell you it is a great website
8. What can you learn by looking at the ending of a URL?
What the purpose of the website is
Where to get more information
How long the website has been around
If the website is up-to-date
9. What word does not describe someone who is an expert?
10. Which clue may not help you identify a trustworthy website?
It provides opinions without sources
It updates the information regularly
It uses information from experts
It explains the purpose of the website