Support Healthy NewsWorks
You can do something about the gaps in children’s literacy and health understanding by becoming a Healthy NewsWorks supporter. We welcome your partnership in helping students improve their research and writing skills and learn how to make themselves and their communities healthier.
Donate by mail
Please print this form, fill it out, and mail it to:
P.O. Box 431
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
To make an electronic transfer of stock shares to Healthy NewsWorks:
- Instruct your broker to initiate a transfer of the securities via National Financial Services LLC to PNC Investments, LLC, the depository trust company (DTC) for Healthy NewsWorks.
- Include PNC’s DTC clearing number: 0226.
- Request further credit to:
Account number: 005-213495
- If you have questions, our contact person at PNC is Dianne Capponi (telephone: 215-585-8043; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Choose us on AmazonSmile
If you’re making a purchase through Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Healthy NewsWorks as your favorite charity. Every eligible purchase you make will then result in a donation to Healthy NewsWorks of 0.5% of the purchase price. It doesn’t increase your cost.
Donate through EITC
Healthy NewsWorks is an approved Educational Improvement Organization under the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC). As a result, eligible businesses making contributions to Healthy NewsWorks may receive significant state tax credits in return. Your gift would be a meaningful contribution to our efforts to deliver experiential learning programs that simultaneously improve health knowledge and literacy. (Learn more about the EITC Program.)
How your contribution helps
Your tax-deductible gift will help us deliver the three primary elements of our program.
- Core newspapers: Educating elementary and middle school students in research, interviewing, and writing skills so they can produce health newspapers for their schools in high-needs communities.
- Health education: Broadening health literacy and understanding through lessons, activities, and videos.
- Book project: A capstone project for student journalists who are ready to interview health leaders for our Leading Healthy Change In Our Communities book series.
Sponsorships and community partnerships
We invite you to become a program sponsor and help us to work in more classrooms, train more teachers, and further prepare children for a strong and healthy future. Community partnerships are customized opportunities available to companies, organizations, and other contributors. These deeper engagements with our program can include but aren’t limited to additional recognition and volunteer service opportunities.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Healthy NewsWorks is a registered charitable organization. A copy of our official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 800-732-0999 (toll-free within Pennsylvania). Registration does not imply endorsement.
Donations to Healthy NewsWorks are tax-deductible (Tax ID: 81-4668072).