Writing Prompts to Get Your Students Started
Your students may already be producing the kind of content we need! Are you planning to ask your students to write about what they did over the summer, how they feel about the return to school, or what their goals are for this year? This is exactly what we're looking for at By Kids For Kids!
Consider one or more of the following:
- What did you do during the summer that was meaningful or memorable?
- Think about the summer of 2020 and the summer of 2021. How has the pandemic changed how you spend your time away from school?
- What are you most looking forward to this school year?
- How do you feel about returning to school after more than a year away the building?
- How was the start of the 2021-22 school year similar to years past? How was it different?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? Why?
- Describe someone in your life who is trustworthy. How did that person gain your trust? How can you become a more trustworthy person?
- What lessons have you learned living through a pandemic?
- Choose a holiday you enjoy celebrating with your family and describe what you love about it. Who is there? How do you celebrate together?
- Think of a time you spent time in a park, at the beach, by a river, or another spot in nature. Where were you? What did you do? How did it make you feel?
- Describe something from that past year that you will always remember.
Please email Mia Blitstein, Program Manager, if you have any questions: email@example.com.
You can learn more about Healthy NewsWorks at our website, www.healthynewsworks.org. Follow along with our student journalists’ exciting experiences on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.